Join us for our upcoming Informational Session for Families, Advocates and Outside Providers at 12 p.m. on Saturday, November 21. Mindy Cervoni, President & CEO, will inform families, advocates and outside providers of the status of program operations and agency safety measures as a result of the pandemic.
We are seeking questions IN ADVANCE of the meeting. They can be provided to email@example.com or 716-883-8888 ext. 707. Please send by Friday, November 20. Mindy will address questions during the update.
**Additional questions can be submitted via chat. We will do our best to respond during the update or off-line.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/96287930668?pwd=b2o3Q1BrR3N3eEJqbGg0eTRTMnJ1UT09
Call In Number: +1 646 558 8656 US
Meeting ID: 962 8793 0668
For more information, download the flyer here.
Finally, the distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine has begun. We received information from OPWDD that our employees and people served will soon be eligible to get the vaccine. As we know more information, we will send updates through the COVID-19 email and Therap s-comm. Please share this information with individuals you support and their families. You can also direct families to our agency website at https://www.csevery1.com/covid-19/ for pertinent information. Here is what we know:
- New York State has further clarified that people living in any type of OPWDD residence (IRAs), as well as the staff that support them, will be included in “Phase 1A” of the distribution plan. Vaccine distribution is expected to begin the week of 12/21. Discussion about the potential for broadening the population included in Phase 1A continues.
- Individuals and staff working in these settings must receive their vaccine at a designated administration site. Over 1,000 sites statewide are being vetted now by the Department of Health, who is working with OPWDD and the local Departments of Health.
- OPWDD has identified 414 residences statewide wherein 50% of the individuals who live there are 65 years of age or older. Individuals living in these residences will be enrolled in the long-term care pharmacy distribution initiative being developed. We have not yet been notified which of our sites will be included in this, but more information should be forthcoming.
- The distribution through pharmacies is for the Pfizer vaccine, which necessitates ultra-deep freezer conditions, the capacity for which participating pharmacies have. All other individuals who live in certified residential settings are expected to receive the Moderna vaccine, which does not require such ultra-deep freeze storage. We are being told that is expected to be shipped to NYS on 12/22, if approved.
- Each person served will need to give Informed Consent in order to give the vaccine (or follow the process normally used by a person who cannot individually consent).
- The vaccine is Strongly Encouraged for staff and people served, but not Mandatory.
- We do not have guidance yet on the timing of vaccines for staff who work outside our Residential program. Our assumption is that they would be included in the Essential Worker vaccine roll out, but do not have a date for that yet.
- We do not have guidance yet on the timing of the vaccine for those served in other programs (outside Residential). Our assumption is that they would be included in the vulnerable population roll out, but are awaiting further information.
In order to prepare, we need to get an idea of how many employees are planning to take the vaccine. We may need to place orders by site and therefore are asking employees to take two minutes to complete a survey. Employees will not be held to the decision on this on survey. If an employee identifies they want the vaccine and in three weeks change their mind, that’s ok. Employees were provided the link via s-comm and email – please reach out to COVID19@csevery1.com if you are an employee and did not receive the survey link.
If you have any questions related to this or anything covid related, please email the COVID19@csevery1.com.
Join us for our upcoming Informational Call for Families, Advocates and Outside Providers from 4 to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, August 11th. Community Services for Every1 wants to ensure our families, advocates and outside providers are informed regarding program operations as a result of COVID-19. Focus will include information on keeping those we support healthy and safe, communication, re-opening of day services and continuation of community based services. President and CEO Mindy Cervoni and COO Sharon Chmielnicki will be hosting the call.
In order to address the variety of inquiries from families, advocates and outside providers we are encouraging and welcoming questions in advance. They can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send questions by Friday, August 7.
Call In Number: +1 716-371-1017
Conference ID: 335 769 195#
For more information, download the flyer here.
Community Services for Every1 resumed their site-based services on Monday, July 27, 2020 to the following programs:
- Pre-Vocational Services
- Day Habilitation for external IRAs and those who reside in the community or with family
- Overnight Respite at our Dixon location
- Respite Camp at Dixon
Please note, as we continue with our reopening plans, we are maintaining a reduced capacity for those who need the face to face service most, and will continue to expand our numbers safely as it makes sense. For all those not receiving face to face services, we are offering virtual and telehealth services.
For those who receive support in their home or Community based setting, i.e. Behavioral supports, community habilitation, contracts, behavioral health, victims advocacy and self-direction, We have continued to provide these services offering virtual, telehealth and face to face where determined safe and appropriate.
The agency established Reopening Guidelines for our offices, sites, home and community-based programs in line with the NYS Forward Template for Safe Opening. They are available on the website under the COVID-19 link.
The last few days have been going very well with the new necessary changes. People are especially excited to resume their site-based services, and our team is happy to be providing face to face day services again!
Our team at Community Services has been dedicated to staying up to date on all information from OPWDD, NYS Health Department, Erie County Health Department, and the CDC. We will continue to make necessary changes to this document and all others. The safety and well-being of those we support and our employees are of the utmost importance to us. As such, it is imperative that the re-opening offices and program sites employees, visitors, and services recipients abide by all safety precautions as noted in the guidelines and posted at the office locations.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding our reopening plans and guidelines, please contact us via email at COVID19@csevery1.com, or contact our compliance line at 716-883-8888, Ext 707. For program/individual specific questions please reach out directly to the Program Directors.
Director of Day Services
Director of Specialized Services